Generalist, NOORDWIJKERHOUT, NL
Van Noort Bulb Company is a dynamic, fast growing, and successful family orientated Canadian company. We are growers and wholesalers of horticultural products, including flower
bulbs and perennial plants. Our mission is to deliver real value and the best service in the industry to our customers in Canada. We are Canada’s largest flower bulb and perennial plant wholesaler. Our headquarters are in Langley, B.C. with additional facilities in Abbotsford, BC and St. Catharines, Ontario.
Our facilities are in Noordwijkerhout where we prepare products for export to Canada. We have 3 fulltime employees, supplemented with up to 15 seasonal people during peak shipping periods. Our turnover is low, and our culture is hardworking, friendly and team oriented. The owners work closely with staff to promote an enjoyable work atmosphere. Our team in Holland regularly interact and collaborate with their Canadian counterparts. They also take part in annual planning meetings held in Canada.
We are looking for a Generalist in Noordwijkerhout to join our team. Ideally, this person has previous experience in the industry. They should have warehouse or horticulture experience and be willing to work in a variety of roles.
- A hard worker who understands the importance of being available for more hours during the busy season while having more time off in the shoulder season
- A self-starter with a “can do” and “hands on” attitude.
- A positive, ambitious, reliable, and energetic person.
- Someone who wants to join a growing company with a motivated and hardworking team.
- Working experience in the field of horticulture.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Ability to speak and write fluently in both English and Dutch. Ability to speak and understand Polish is an asset.
What we offer:
- Our company offers competitive compensation, benefits, and travel opportunities.
- A varied and challenging career inside a company that values and promotes team effort.
- The chance to become part of a group of both experienced and young energetic co-workers that continue to build this successful 4th generation family business.
- Receiving product and quality control – sorting bulbs and inspecting quality
- Prepare product for export (cleaning/packing).
- Loading and unloading of product as needed
- Learning about and helping with Dutch and Canadian export inspections.
- Preparing shipments for ocean containers or air freight.
- Coordinating shipments with freight forwarders (air, truck, and ocean).
- Ensuring grounds are well kept.
- Assisting with organization and maintenance of warehouse and office.
How to Apply:
We invite all interested candidates to apply with a cover letter and resume. Please let us know why you would be a good fit for the role of Generalist in our company and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org